Summer is here!
Are you looking forward to barbecue’s and sun tans, or are you dreading not being able to sleep in the hot weather?
If you are, fear not. We have a ideas that will show you how your window coverings can help you stay cool this summer….
- Try to reduce excessive heat build-up in your bedroom. Use curtains and blinds during the day to block the sunlight out.
- Make sure you curtains fit! Made to measure curtains fit windows better than ready made curtains, and often have heavier fabric which is better at blocking out the sun and heat.
- Use blackout curtain lining to block excessive sunlight from entering your bedroom.
- Or, thermal line your curtains. Thermal lining not only keeps your home insulated and warm in the winter, it also keeps your home cool in the summer.
We also have a few tips that aren’t curtain or blind related:
- At night, if the temperature is cooler outside than inside, open your windows.
- Heat rises, so if possible sleep downstairs rather than in an upstairs bedroom.
- Put your sheets in the fridge for a few hours before going to bed so that they are nice and cool to sleep in.
We hope that helps!